Building Forts

This past weekend I decided to teach Elaina how to building a fort in the bonus room with pillows and blankets and whatever we could find.  I am not sure if we were the only family that did this but for those of you who don't know, this was a favorite past time of mine growing up.  My sister, Nell, and I used to build forts downstairs of the house we grew up in all the time.  We had the best couch to do it with because the cushions were sturdy and big....  My best friend's brother, Jeff, was the master fort builder and taught me everything I know about building a good sturdy one.  He could build huge ones.  He passed away about 4 years ago so this post is a tribute to him. 

So, it's time Elaina learned so she can continue the fun times...  It was super fun building them and playing in them with her.  She loved it, of course.

I wish we had more furniture in the bonus room so we could go even bigger.  I've got to figure out how to incorporate the treadmill in the back into it

Peeking out... not sure why she pulled out her Easter basket to be a part of it but whatever...

Erik got in on the action....

Elaina is in there somewhere :)

2 comments:

The Schaffers said...

I used to build forts with my cousins during the summer out on our deck. Fun times!

The Ford Family said...

interesting how you build them....we did it a little differently... he he he