Early Christmas

As usual, we attended the Fantasy of the Trees again this year - the day after Christmas.  Elaina and I went with a friend and her two children because Erik had to work.  While there, Elaina went into Santa's Secret Shop to buy things for me and Erik for Christmas.  I love this idea.  She had a helper help her pick things out.  And they wrap it up for her.  I remember doing this when I was younger - it was called Ms. Claus's closet.  I always got my dad a rabbit's foot.  Remember, Dad?  You acted surprised every year....and more importantly, you acted like it was exactly what you wanted (what a good dad!) :)

Anyway, back on track.  Elaina was so excited that she told me what she got Erik as soon as she walked out and started to tell me mine until I stopped her.  All the way home she asked for me to open my present and for her daddy to open his.  We told her multiple times that we were going to put them under the tree and open them on Christmas.  Well, about an hour later after we got home, she took Erik's too him and proceeded to rip it open it with him.  She was so excited that we couldn't bear to stop her excitment.  I like that she is excited about giving presents.

Erik opening his mini football - very appropriate gift.  She was very proud of that find


I got a red teddy bear, which she argues is a puppy, and a picture holder for my desk (it's pink)


Here we are with our gifts.  We will forever cherish these. 
Merry Early Christmas!!! 

Oh, Kate...... "ONE PRESENT NOW, ONE PRESENT NOW!!!" :)

1 comment:

Aunt Kate said...

Elaina - Aunt Kate loves to open presents early too!