"What we do last night"

So, to go along with some of the funny things Elaina says....

Elaina always want to know what we are doing that day whenever we wake up. She wants to know what the plans of her day are... school, play, church, granny/mamaw/friend's house, whatever. When she asks what the plans of the day are, she asks "What we do last night?" "or "Where we go last night?" She means today but she says last night.

Also, Mother's Day after church, she came home singing her songs she sings at church (as normal). There is a song they sing where the words say "We want to Jesus lifted high." Well, she was singing "We want to see Jesus is my friend." She is putting two songs together but super sweet, right? Right. So, I said "Yes, that's right. Jesus is your friend, Elaina. That is so great." She responded, "No, Jesus is not my friend." Uh oh! I've got my work cut out for me :) I am going to choose to laugh about it now and pray that changes one day in her life.

No comments: