We're back....

After it taking the entire summer to get our 8 day Disney trip documented, it's time to re-cap some of our summer adventures.  I thought I would just highlight some of the fun time we had throughout the summer in this post.  So, here we go...in no particular order.

Sometime in June, Elaina and I took her friend Katherine to Dollywood on a random Friday night while Erik had a soccer game.  It was not crowded at all and nice.


This is the pose of the summer with these two.

Found this picture on my phone a week after our trip.  Silly girls.  This was taken while we were ducking out from a storm.    No pun intended on the "ducking' our comment.  Katherine has the duck face down




As usual, my mom took all the grandkids to the lake for a long weekend.  The 2 days before the trip, Elaina's cousin Ella came to stay with us.  The girls had a blast...doing crafts, playing, baking, and going to a movie.




About to watch Inside Out - a super cute movie

Making cookies for the camping trip

Speaking of Granny camp...Elaina did this while she was there.  I love my niece, Sadie, in this video.  She was being such a supportive cousin.  I would like to tell you that Elaina did this a lot more this summer but she wasn't as successful in future tries.  But, it's a great start.  We were proud.



Father's Day....Elaina and I made Erik this cinnamon pull apart bread.  It looks delicious and it was, if I do say so myself - even if I did make it.


Elaina had fun for a few days with these dixie cups.  She was really into making these pyramid towers.


And we spent some great time at the lake this summer...here is some more "behind the boat action" with Erik and Elaina tubing.  She loves doing this!



Elaina's friend Madison came over a couple of times this summer.  One time they had a spa where I got my hair done.

I call this my "Sabrina look"  My dear friend Sabrina wears her hair like this some and I love it.  Elaina did this all by herself.


That's all for now....  I will get to some other big events (i.e. someone had a birthday in our house) and other events in upcoming posts.

No comments: