20th High School Reunion

This past summer marked the 20th year that I have been out of high school!  The thought of that is hard to grasp but, it's true.  I have been out of high school 20 years.  There- I said it!  Now, let's move on.

My best friend, Lisa, and I decided several months before the reunion that we would go together.  There were moments when we both wanted to convince each other not to but we stuck to it.  And, we are both glad we did.  I did not go to my 10 year reunion so I decided I needed to check out #20.  It was WAY better than I expected.  From talking to people there that went to the 10 year reunion, they even said that the 20 year one is way less stressful.  Apparently this one was less about "where everyone was in life" and more about catching up and reminiscing about old times.  It was so great!

Beforehand, a few old cronies came over for a pre-reunion drink.  My best friend who I have known since 1st grade, Lisa came.  She still lives here so I see her often.  My friend, Kara, who I have known since 2nd grade was there (she is from out of town and it had been more than 10 years since I saw her).  And, Shannon, who I know from high school came.  Shannon did not go to the reunion - she was one that went to the 10 year and hated it so she opted out of the 20 year.  We told her she missed out.

Anyways...all that babble to say, I was glad I went and connected with old friends.  Will I go to another one?  Only time will tell.  But, at least I can say I have been to one.

Now on to pictures.

A picture of us taking a selfie

Shannon, Kara, Lisa, and me


Enikka, Kara, and me.  Enikka was a friend we knew since grade school


Me and Kara

Lisa, me and Amanda

Everyone from our class who came....pretty decent turn out.  

No comments: