More Christmas

The Saturday after Christmas we celebrated with all my sisters and my dad at our home.  We had so much fun getting to see everyone.  And, our newest addition, Sloane (aka Sloaney Baloney) was there.  Love babies - especially niece/cousin babies... :)

We played this ridiculously fun and entertaining (and at times violent) game.  I wrapped a present inside a box, inside a box, inside a box, inside a box......you get it.  I think it was like 5 or 6 boxes.  The first person rolled the dice and what ever number they rolled was the number the next person tried to get.  When you rolled that number you got the oven mitts and a turn to unwrap the present.  Once the next person rolled that number they took the gloves from the person who had them and started unwrapping... you get the picture.  So, the person who was unwrapping kept switching.  It was fun and like I said turned a bit violent (you have to know how competitive my family is) - especially towards the end.  Here are some pictures but video would have been ideal for this to get the hilarity of it all.  The best part is no one knew just how many boxes there were so each time a box was opened, everyone was in suspense as to how long this was going to take.  Okay, I've said enough.

Nell's turn

Dave's turn

Celia

Doug

Alexandra

Dave again

that is my dad ripping the gloves from Nell.  This was just after Nell tackled Celia for her turn.  

Dad ended up victorious...all for a blanket.  I should mention that my Dad is the most competitive of us all so I won't mention the violence he inflicted on his most precious children/grandchildren to get the prize.  Nell also put Celia's life in danger at one point at well.  Let's just say no on ended up at the emergency room so all is well :)  I kid.  I make it sound very violent.  It wasn't that bad but it was very very funny.  

Then we did a dirty Santa give exchange... Dave ended up with this hat.  Go Titans!

Nell got this great microphone that makes your voice sound like an elf.

Wait....maybe dad ended up with this hat.  I don't know - you know how the dirty Santa game is...don't get too attached to a gift.  It'll get stolen.

And....some pics of my precious niece, Sloane.  I just think she it too adorable for words.  I do.



Quentin got this head lamp which he loves..... :)  all the men were after that thing but Quentin ended up with it.

We started a tradition last year where rather then buy gifts for each other, we bring stuff to donate to a charity.  This year we picked Nurses for Newborns.  Since Sloane spent some time in the NICU, we donated them to this organization in her name.  We bought all sorts of stuff newborns need.

Sloane with all the loot 

Later that day, we went to see our Mammaw.  I just loves these pics...  Mammaw with her youngest great-grandchild



could you just eat her up?  I could.

Sunday, my cousin (and neighbor) stopped by to meet Sloane and their daughter, Brooklyn, played with the younger kids.  A fun time was had by all.

That rounds out Christmas at our house for 2013...  
Great time, good laughs.  That's about all you can ask for.

1 comment:

Evan and Marta said...

You're not kidding. Sloane is a beautiful baby. :) Your family looks like a lot of fun. You can be an honorary Warren if I can be an honorary Whatever. Deal?