Christmas Eve

Behind....again.

Mid January and I have not blogged about our Christmas.  *Sigh*  Don't know what's wrong with me.  But, better late than never, I suppose.

Christmas was so awesome!  This year was very exciting for us.  I think it's partly because Elaina was REALLY into it this year and partly because we are in our new home.  Either way...we were just excited.  We got to host a lot of family and friends in our new home and that was awesome. 

So, let's get on with the pictures...

Christmas Eve morning, our friends Dave and Tonja came over with their daughter, Christine - who was in from Alabama.  Christine is SO sweet and loves Elaina...the feelings are mutual.  We adore her!  We love to see her and we were grateful she took some time out of her trip to spend with us.  Christine helped to make the birthday cake for Jesus.  Elaina picked blue icing this year....good for blue teeth, tongues, and lips :)



The finished product...
 Later that day we went to Christmas Eve Mass with my mom and Gale and Kate and her two kiddos.  Afterward, we headed back to our house for dinner and presents...

I love this picture.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - I just adore our niece Alexandra.  She graduates high school this year!  I need a moment....okay.

My mom always plays this game where we read Twas the Night Before Christmas.  You get a word and when your word is read, you get a turn to pick from a present or steal...you know, the dirty Santa game.  Erik, as the host, put on the Santa hat and read the story aloud.

Elaina ended up with a Chik-fil-a card...shocker!


Elaina and her Granny...

Elaina got a minion...She was super excited about this present.

Quentin

So, we taped Alexandra's cash present to the side of some almond.  She is allergic to almonds.  Didn't know that - not sure how that fact was missed...Sorry, Alexandra.
 After everyone left, we prepared for Santa's arrival....Always an exciting time.

Elaina put out food for the reindeer - shredded carrots and some food she made a school

writing Santa a letter

Pose of the mom and dad...by Elaina


Santa's stash....

Elaina's letter....buttering Santa up :)

Elaina's loot...As always, too much

And, just a Christmas Eve shot of our tree...how I love our tree but who doesn't love their tree

No comments: