Last day of Fall Break

Elaina's school had 1 day more for fall break than other Knox County schools (Monday). 

So, I took the day off to enjoy with her.  It was an amazing fall day.  I loved it.  We had one of those days that, as a mom, made me wish all days were as beautiful and easy breezy as this one was.  She was very content and happy that day and we just had a great day together doing, well.....not much of anything but being together.  No stress of having to get anything done - just enjoy the day.  Good stuff. 

We visited my Mammaw earlier that day, then, the highlight of the day was a bike ride we took (she rode, I walked - I don't have a bike).  Elaina has not really been into her bike all that much but lately a few friends of hers have learned to ride a "2 wheel" bike so her interest has been peaked a bit more lately.  After mammaw's house, she told me she wanted to go ride her bike.  So, we did.  She rode over a mile or so on her bike - no complaining at all (which is unusual).  This is big for her.  I walked beside/behind her.  The weather was PERFECT, and I do mean PERFECT.  The leaves were GORGEOUS.  Good day.  One that is etched in my memory, for sure.  I just loved watching her ride.  Love that little girl :)


 
She wanted to stop and take a break... just sat down on the this parking curb and watched traffic.  Not for long because soon  she was off again.

No comments: