Turtles

As you know, I have spent the past 3-4 weeks packing.  Boo!  While packing, I had to wrap up my small collection of turtles.  I had a thought that I have all these turtles with no record other then my memory to remember where I got all of them.  So, this blog is for that purpose, to document the history behind each turtle. 

I started collecting them a few years ago.  Why?  I am not really sure, actually.  There is just something so cute about the roundness of them.  And, they are small enough that they won't take over the house (as long as I keep it in check).  Plus, I try to find one every trip we take so I can have something to remember the trip by.  Erik has brought some home to me on some trips he has taken too.  Surprisingly, they are not that hard to find.  They sell turtles at just about every little souvenir/trinket store out there.

This one is one Erik bought me when he was in Arizona (traveling through when he traveled from San Franscico, CA to Knoxville, TN via the car)

This one we got at Muir Woods in San Franscisco, CA.  We went back in 2006 to visit my sister, Nell, and her husband, Dave, who lived out there at the time. 

This is from our trip to Cancun in July of 2010

These are from our trip to San Diego this past February, 2012.  The one on the left, I got at the San Diego zoo.  The one on the right is from Sea World San Diego.  I had to have them both.  I love the one made out of all beads.

These are all from Hawaii when we went in April of 2005.  I went a bit crazy and bought 4 - they had tons for sale at the swap meet.  Erik and I were lucky enough to go back when my neice, Jessica, and her husband were stationed over there.  We spent 10 days.  It was amazing!!

Erik's mom got this for me... to be honest, I can't remember where she got it.  Sandy, do you recall?  Somewhere out west.

This one was purchased on our most recent trip to Fort Walton Beach, FL (June 2012).

And finally, these are my favorite.  I got these in New York City.  I love them for 2 reasons.  1 -they were made by a local artist who sells his work outside the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  I love to buy things from local artist for some reason. 2 - it's a family of 3.... precious.  Just like our little family of 3 :)

Sort of a boring post... but, it's all about memories. 

Marta, if you're reading this.....I am thinking my collection is short a cardboard turtle???  Just sayin ;)  How cool would that be?

No comments: