Family Movie Night

A long time ago back before I was pregnant with Elaina, my friend Robyn told me about a family tradition that she does with her girls. They lay blankets and pillows in the living room floor, pop popcorn and have family movie night in the living room. I think they even all sleep in the living room. Well, I heard that and thought to myself - I will do that one day with our kids. Well, this past Friday, we decided to try it out (not sleeping in the living room but the movie watching part). Elaina's attention span is not long enough for a long movie but Rudolph was on TV so I thought maybe she would sit through that. It was on TV Wednesday night but we taped it so we could watch it on Friday. It's was only about 45 minutes once you skipped through commercials. She lasted about 40 minutes. Not bad - she loved having the bowl of popcorn in her lap and snuggling with us. We enjoyed it to. We look forward to many more family movie nights... Here are some pics of the fun...(this was a good exercise in figuring out the self timer shots on my camera too. I had not used that until now).



No comments: