Fall/Halloween

Behind.....again.

All my post are going to begin with that from here on out.  Let's just establish that and move on.

We celebrated Fall/Halloween this year in typical fashion.  We did not go do a pumpkin patch like we usually do this year - not sure why...time illuded us and before we knew it, Halloween was here and we said "oh crap...oh,well" (I think that is literally what we said. :)  But, Elaina got to do a hayride and pseudo pumpkin patch at her school so I consider that checked off the list, in my mind.  We didn't even carve pumpkins...but we did buy some the day before Halloween and deemed them our Halloween/Thanksgiving pumpkins.

Can we talk about how much more mellow I have become about that - feeling the pressure of having to to every little festive holiday/seasonal thing.  I am not all the way there but I am getting better at realizing that it's okay.  No, let's not talk about that - we don't have time.  Ha!  Get it?

Moving on....pictures...

Elaina with some of her classmates on the hayride...to her right, her good friend Madison


Madison again....

Her whole class with Mrs. Ballard


The whole class again

Then we ate lunch together that day :)
On to Halloween....Elaina was Elsa.  SHOCKING, I know.  But, it is what it is...Halloween was short lived because about an hour into it, its started to rain and what felt like the coldest wind ever started.  So, we went back to the house to have hot chocolate instead.  But, Elaina got her bucket pretty much filled up in the hour we were out so I call that a success.

We ate Jack O Lantern pizza from Papa Murphys.  Cute....and delicious


And...the obligatory "Let It Go" pose.  The wig is awesome...and by awesome, I mean HILARIOUS!


Elaina's cousins Kelsey and Liana came over....they had cute costumes too.


This was the next day....our neighbor had her b-day party and it was Frozen themed.  Perfect....another opportunity to wear the dress.  No wig.  They did face painting which is a favorite of Elaina's


Elsa and Anna showed up.  The little girl on the left is my cousin's little girl, Brooklyn, who lives next door.  I adore the way she is looking at Elsa!!

One more for good measure...

That is all for now.....Happy Fall!  Or Happy Fell, since I am so behind?

Okay, I am a dork....

No comments: