Cheer

We signed Elaina up for Cheer at Grace this year.  To say she loves it is the understatement of the year.  It's been fun to watch her do it.  It's a pretty big time commitment which I was surprised by but we have been able to make it work.  The fact that she loves it makes it pretty easy.  She has made some great friends.

I have said it before - this is not really my thing.  However, I am surprised at the discipline that it has taught Elaina so far.  The discipline to come to practice twice a week, to show up at the games in the proper uniform, and the discipline to stand in formation for the entire game and be alert. So, those are all positive take aways from this.  

Another thing that has surprised me is the size of the bows as well as the apparent "technique" to wearing it properly.  Oh brother!  But, I think I have it figured out.  Who knew?

On to some pics...and a video or two...or maybe three. :)

Her team.  Bottom (L-R) Elaina, Alli, Claire, Lottie, Keliegh
Top (L-R) Madison, Kaitlyn, Carley, Kaelyn, and Kaititlyn


Madison and Elaina


Elaina and her best friend, Kaitilyn





Now to some video.....this was her first scrimmage game.  She was WAY into it.  It was fun to watch her.


Elaina is the "M"....

She is the one standing on the 32 1/2 yard line :)

No comments: