Marriage Retreat

A few weekends ago we went on our annual trip (we call it the marriage retreat) with the Halls and the Breauxs to the mountain.  This was the 6th year we have done this  Hard to believe.  We love it and look forward to it every year.  As usual, it was a LOT of laughing, a LOT of eating, and a LOT of fun.  Not too many pics to share except the following:

We did an "Ellen" selfie.  Dave tweeted it to see how many re-tweets it would get.  Trying to beat Ellen's record.  We got none....hmmm, weird?  :) Still a cute picture, I think.  I don't tweet so I asked Dave to text it to me - how archaic!
This year we did a little something different - the cabin had a fire pit so Saturday night, we roasted weenies/kielbasa/sausages/peppers over the fire.  And Smores, of course.  It was so much fun and super delicious.  The weather was PERFECT for this!
The Halls

The Breaux's

Us












So much fun!!!  Loved every minute of it.  Can't wait until next year!

2 comments:

Evan and Marta said...

What a great tradition! Six years. Wow! I'm so glad you do this. Evan and I LOVE our getaways too.

Anonymous said...

That looks a lot like camping to me. Seems like the Stringfellows will be ready for a camping trip this summer with the Fords. No joke.