School

This happened almost 2 months ago......but, I never blogged about it because I got behind and...well, you know.

Elaina has chapel at school every Thursday.  About 6 weeks ago, her class led chapel which means they lead the song time.  Elaina (our quiet reserved child who is slowly coming out of her shell) volunteered to read a bible verse.  So, Erik and I attended to watch her 10 seconds of speaking.  It was awesome.  Sounds silly, but we were very proud of her for doing it.  It's good for her confidence and we pray daily for that to enlarge over time. 

On a related note...she later tried out for  part in their Christmas performance and got a small part (1 line, so nothing major).  What??  Elaina?  She came home and told us she tried out.  We could not believe it.  Now, when she found out she got the part, we had a mini nuclear meltdown in our house about how she didn't want to stand on the big stage and do it, so she told her teacher she did not want to do it.  That is okay with us - we are happy for the small victories where her confidence is concerned and just proud of her for trying out.

Okay...enough of the mom boasting.  Sorry.  Here is some video of the chapel day.

Reading the bible verse... She knew it but nerves took over so she read it.  Still very cool.



and the song....

Thank you to those of you who watch and read these kinds of posts to the end.  I'm a mom who is pretty smitten and proud of her daughter.  I worry that at times I can seem too boastful about her on this forum...and, maybe I am but I can't help it.  We are very blessed to have her :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love these posts and I love that you celebrate the little things!