Chattanooga weekend

This past weekend we went to my dad's house for the annual end of summer get together.  We usually do August but we could not get together in August so it was pushed to September.  My dad has a pool so luckily the weather was still great for swimming.  We had a great time.

We did not get to do this last year since my dad was in the hospital so it was good to do it this year.

Okay...first things first - I am the WORST aunt in the world because I don't think I have given my new niece, Sloane Elizabeth, her Stringfellow blog debut.  I know I blogged about my sister being pregnant but no "baby news" or introductions of my new niece.  I guess if you aren't royalty these days, no one fusses over your birth.  She was born June 27th and in a nut shell - she is awesome!  We all love her to pieces.  She is 10 weeks old (ish) and she was able to spend the weekend at my dad's with her crazy family. 

First order of business - dressing her in this UT garb (of course) to cheer on the Vols as they played Western KY. 


Next order of business.....putting her in this ridiculous swim cap that my sister and I bought for her when she was a couple of weeks old.  Long story short, but we were at Babies r Us with way too much time on our hands and Nell walked away with this beauty off the clearance rack.  Sloane didn't seem to mind it - it's pretty funny!


 
The older girl cousins....Elaina, Celia, Sadie, Alexandra

Nell and Dave and their sweet baby girl (still content in the swim cap)

As the dipped her feet in the pool, her mood progressively got worse....

See....

Okay, she's calm again...

I seriously could not take enough pictures of her this weekend.....

My dad with all his grandkids - now totaling 6

 
More Sloane pictures - previous pictures did not show it, but this is what her head looks like :)

Elaina wanted her picture taken with Sloane - Elaina likes being the "big" cousin for the first time.
Elaina took the next round of pictures........as you will be able to tell.








And, before the girls left - one final shot of Elaina with her favorite people in the world....
 
And, as I end my blog most every time....it was a great weekend!  My family is awesome, but I am a bit biased.  Love them all!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Loved having everyone!