Too Long!!

Elaina was gone for 9 days....FAR TOO LONG!!!  She went camping with my mom for 4 days...she was home for a half day (basically just to sleep) then, she left again to my sister's house in Nashville for 5 days to visit with her cousins - we called it Camp Doug (more on Camp Doug in the next post).

Poor planning on my part.  I thought it might be cool to be kid-less for a while - get a bunch of stuff done - but it was no good.  We missed her badly.  And, turns out, we didn't get as much done as we had hoped.  So, we are glad she is home.  We had a great weekend just hanging out with her. 

Times like this are what we missed...

Erik is a cross-word junkie.  Elaina loves word searches so I got her a book too.  She likes to sit and do them with Erik.  I (the mom) think it is incredibly heart-warming to see. 

I love these moments/days.....quite time......together

No comments: