Mother's Day

Mother's Day weekend was fantastic....  On Saturday, we had a baby shower at my house for my little sister, Nell who is expecting her first child at the end of June.  My sister's Kate and Abby and niece Alexandra were a huge helping in throwing it all together.  It's a girl.  She doesn't have a name yet.  So, I like to call her ole baby girl whatshername.  We are excited for her arrival.  The shower was nice and since I don't yet have furniture in my living room, it made for a great space to set up tables and do a "cafe style" shower.  It was nice - everyone had somewhere to sit.  Nell and Dave were showered with all sorts of great stuff.....

Cafe Stringfellow :)

Nell requested carrot cake.  She is definitely my sister because I requested carrot cake at my baby shower.

My sis's and my mom


Elaina got to spend the weekend with her cousins (bonus for her).  She and her cousin, Celia.

My aunt Rhonda, Nell, and cousin Rebecca.

Nell and her pal (also preggers), Jenny

The next day was mother's day.  Erik got me a tree.....

He planted it for me :)  It's a crepe myrtle

My mammaw got us a dogwood tree....My favorite tree.  Erik planted it the same day.  I can't wait to watch it grow.  I have always wanted one but never got one.  So, now I have one - excited about that.
Mother's day we went to Erik's mom's house to visit.  While there I learned of a planned trip by Erik's sister, Melanie, and her daughter, Cassie, to Painting with a Twist.  I have never been and have always wanted to go.  So, I crashed their party (Elaina and I did).  I am so grateful because I had a great time.  I was worried Elaina wouldn't be able to paint but they assigned a person solely to the kids (which was just Elaina and Liana).  They did their own masterpieces...
 
Bottom line - I had a blast and so did Elaina, and I would do it again.  I walked away with a painting that is now on my wall.  Pretty cool.  Great way to spend Mother's day with my wee one.
 
Elaina and Liana getting ready to paint

The stencilled the paintings out




All our paintings....(mine, Melanie, Cassie, Liana, and Elaina)

Elaina's horse masterpiece - now hanging on her wall


All of us with our finished products.

1 comment:

Evan and Marta said...

Oooo. I love carrot cake. The paintings look fabulous.