San Diego, Day 2

Okay, on to day 2..  We hit the San Diego Zoo.  It was incredible.  I know why people say to go there.  I love our Zoo here in Knoxville but it really doesn't compare.  The biggest difference we noticed was how active the animals were.  That was cool.  We saw a lot of animal exhibits and feedings.  Also they have all sort of different kinds of animals.  Good day...  Take a peek.


 
Flamingos - they are super loud.  But, very pretty, and cool

Did you know that Peacocks can climb trees??  I sure didn't.  He stood up there screaming at us down below.

One of many many monkeys we saw.  They were all SO active and entertaining.  This one just stared at me for a long time.

I can't remember what this was called (I told myself I would) but he is not the cutest of the animals.  But cool. 

One of many many many birds, beautiful birds.

Tigers... Gorgeous!!  We got to see them be feed  Very cool.  This is the baby.

The mama tiger.... I wouldn't want to cross paths with her.

Here is a video of the zoo keeper feeding the animals.  It was crazy.  We were all standing around waiting on him to come out and the tigers were laying in the corner of their habitat.  As soon as the zoo keeper starting talking (and it wasn't even that loud), the tigers got up and came over to the edge of the habitat.  They knew his voice and knew it was time for some grub... :)


Again, can't remember what this was called but it was neat.

Orangutan.....  gotta love em. 

This Oragutan was hiding down below on some rocks covered with some cardboard.

After a lot of walking, we caught a bus tour around the other half of the zoo.  Very cool, we learned a lot of interesting facts about the animals this way

After the zoo, we walked around Balboa Park.  It is very pretty.


This is a HUGE rose garden.  I wish I could see it when it is in full bloom.  So many different types of roses.

Weird tree - just thought I'd take a picture.


Balboa park had these great buildings with amazing architecture

We ate at a restaurant at the park, El Prado - delicious!!

Later that night we found a restaurant in town that a colleague told me about - Extraordinary Dessert.  AMAZING!!!  We had dessert and coffee/tea.  It was SO good.  The lady is from France and she makes these amazing desserts.  I was "that girl" that took a bunch of pictures of the desserts.  I was in heaven.  I would tell anyone going to San Diego they have to try this place.  The pic above is what Erik had. 

This is what I ate...




Each dessert is extravagantly done...  very pretty.






And speaking of French desserts....this is a picture that Erik sent me from France (he is there now) of an actual French bakery.  I would die at one of these places.  I have such a big sweet tooth so I would be in heaven (just as I was at the place in San Diego).  Hungry?? :)


Well, that wraps up our trips, it was short but very enjoyable.  I would definitely go back.....  

1 comment:

JFord said...

I like the monkey under the box and horsezebra. horbra? zeborse? Looks like a super fun trip! So glad you guys can escape together!