Camping....preview

Each summer, mom and Gale take all the grandkids camping for a long weekend.  The only stipulation is that you have to be 5 in order to go on this camping trip.  They do all sort of things from swim, fish, paddle boats, rock hopping in the creek, bike riding, hiking.... you name it.  The grandkids love it.  Well, since Elaina is now 4..... well, I'm sure you can surmise what I am about to say... She is going on this trip next summer.

About a week ago, I had to drive my niece Alexandra up on Saturday morning to meet with the rest of the gang because she couldn't go up early because of band camp.  I took Elaina so that she could hang out for a couple of hours and get a preview of what to expect next year.  Good news... I think she will love it. 

Here is almost everyone... Elaina wouldn't get in the shot.  Sadie was super sick this year so she couldn't go.  Kind of a bummer.  My mom makes them shirts each year to wear with their names on them.  I think it's for her sake so she doesn't forget their names.
Alexandra (in front), Back - Quentin, Celia, Hannah, and Blake

Sweet Celia

Catching critters in the creek

The girls....  See, I told you, Elaina is ready for this for sure.  And, there's another granddaughter, Ella, who turns 5 within a week of Elaina who will be there next year so they will have 8 grandkids in total next year!! 


Showing me her critter


The boys... Blake and Quentin

Sweet Hannah....

The crew.....
I think it is so cool that they do this each year and can't wait for Elaina to be a part of this fun with her Granny, Poppy Gale, and her cousins.

No comments: