Potty training

So, this is a big post for me.... A week ago today, we took another stab at potty training and I am happy to report that we finally had success. She is not perfect, but I can say that we are officially a non-diaper household and have been for 1 solid week. YAH!!! Third time's a charm (so they say). It was not near as exhausting as the prior tries. It did still take some pretty heavy convincing with Elaina but she was cooperative for the most part. She even went to church on Sunday and had no accidents. In fact, she told the teacher she had to go on her own and went... Also, on Saturday, during her birthday party she was attending, she let me interrupt her play and we went to bathroom and she went. All week at school and home she did not have any accidents (except for the #2 part - she's still working on that but close). I'm excited that we're there because that was one of those things that was difficult for me. I let it bother me too much but she was ready and when she was, it was pretty easy. We had to encourage it a bit but the timing was just right this time.


So, that's the latest from the Stringfellow household... No pics of the potty training business. Sorry. Just wanted to share this with all our fellow blog readers.

1 comment:

Evan and Marta said...

Fantastic! Way to go, Elaina!!! And congrats to you, Mom and Dad.