Thanksgiving was just yesterday, right?

I know....I know.

The past 2 months has been a blur....But, I good blur.

So, in an effort to document memories, on this day - January 10, 2015, I want to talk about Thanksgiving 2014.  It was great.  We traveled to Nashville for the whole weekend to spend with my mom's side of the family.  Like, her whole side.  All her siblings, her sibling's kids, their kids.  So, all my aunts and uncles, cousins, and their kids.

It was a crazy good time...It was packed full of activity.

Wednesday night - we had dinner at my sister Nell's house
Thursday - we all did a 5 mile walk/run Thanksgiving morning.

Here are the 3 of us before the run. All bundled up.

Then, Thanksgiving dinner at my sister, Abby's house that afternoon.
Friday - we had a dinner/talent show at my uncle Doug's house.
Saturday  - a wedding shower for my cousin, Anna, who is getting married in May.  This shower was at a place called the Pfunky Griddle which I would recommend to anyone.  Each table has a griddle in the middle so you can make your own pancakes and eggs.  You get your own pitcher of batter and bowl of eggs and you can go to town.  It was SO good and even more fun.  We need a place like that here.

Here is Celia and Elaina ready to flip it up!


Got all that?  Okay, that is it in a nutshell.  Except to say that I simply love all my aunts, uncle, cousins and all their kiddos from this side of the family.  I am very close to all my cousins on this side of the family.  We definitely know how to have a party or two....or three.  Fun.  Great memories.  And speaking of memories, we have over 1000 pics that are shared on a photo stream so to pick out a few pictures of the weekend's festivities would be nearly impossible.  So, I will give you this one....

This is everyone that was there.  We had shirts made that were a duplicate of ones that we had made in 1992 for a family reunion.  A family tree with my grandparents at the trunk and all the kids/grand kids/great grand kids veering off from there.  The new version has a lot more names.  I love it.  Like....A LOT.

Here is a shot of the 1992 shirt


And 2014...  We've added a few branches since then.


And one quick video of the talent show of Elaina.  We had a lot of great acts...everything from hoola hooping, to magic tricks, to banjo picking.  It was great!  Elaina did a few acts of her cheer leading dances which you have all seen before so I won't show you those.  But, she is really into her jokes so this is her "joke telling" talent piece....  Erik was her sidekick.  Erik's talent is off the charts!







No comments: