Birthday Extravaganza

You thought that the post that chronicled Elaina's actual birthday was it but oh no, think again my friend.  After her actual birthday, the week went on and the celebration continued.  Seriously, this kid is rotten but we think she' pretty special so what the hay... why not?!?!  Friday after her birthday (July 8th) the celebration continued at my mom's with dinner, cake pops, and swimming afterwards.... (I am just going to warn you - this post is long, sorry).

On the way there, we stopped to show someone Erik's car that he is selling (sold).  While were were outside the car talking, Elaina had gotten my camera and was doing this....

I did not know she had done this so as you can imagine as I was scrolling through my camera later this same night looking at pictures and saw this, I cracked up....

My sister, Kate, made these darling cake pops...  They are incredibly adorable and probably one of the greatest things I have ever tasted.

And, of course, there were presents.....  Showing off some of her princess stuff she got from Granny

The whole gang.....
The next day was Elaina's princess party - with her friends.  I had 10 girls at my house all dressed up like princesses.  At the party, we:
-decorated tiaras
-did makeup, hair, and nails
-accessorized with gloves, boas, shoes, hair clips
-played games
-decorated cookies and wooden letters
-ate cake / drank tea (apple juice)
-were merry
It was a blast....



Here is the princess cake our friends Carl and Sabrina made for Elaina... so incredibly beautiful.

The best part - Erik was the "butler" in blue jeans....  He is such a good sport.  Made a great addition to the party.

My friend Tonja and her daughter Christine were a HUGE help - they did all the girls makeup/hair/nails/etc. The girls loved it.

Tonja in action

Princess Caitlin

Princess Addie

Princess Elaina

Princess Addie and Princess Elaina

Princess Riley

Princess Laurel

Princess Liana - they all decorated wooden letters of their first initial and got to take them home to put on their wall.

All the Princesses

And finally, Sunday my dad came up for a visit and brought presents, a cookie cake, and we celebrated with him.  Seriously, the kid is rotten.  But, again, fun times.

I mentioned presents... yes, she was excited about more present (of course)

Singing happy birthday (again).  Can you tell she loved every minute of her attention all weekend long??

My dad bought her a slip and slide - oh yeah... fun times ahead.  We tested it out that day.

Check out this cool shot Erik caught of her going down the slip and slide

And one more...
The week/weekend was fun.  And, now it's over.  Sad for Elaina but, admittedly, kind of happy for mom and dad.  She is a very special little girl though.  We are so very blessed to have her.

And since this blog is long, why not one more shot for smiles.  This is her in her new Hello Kitty outfit that Tonja and Christine got her...  She wore it to school the Monday after she got it.  She loves it (in case you couldn't tell)


Thanks for hanging in there for that whole post.....

1 comment:

Evan and Marta said...

I loved our slip 'n slide as a kid. I was wondering when I could buy one for my kids. :)