Elaina Claire is 3!!!!!

Yesterday was Elaina's 3rd Birthday! We can't believe she's 3 years old. It's bittersweet. We love this age but it is so sad to think that our baby girl is now 3. I guess the days of calling her our baby are over. Well.....maybe not. She'll always be our baby, huh?

Erik and I took the day off to spend with her. First stop....breakfast. We let her pick and she picked "Chicken-Lay"... that's Chick-fil-A for those of you who don't know.


Our little 3 year old ready to go inside.... Birthday smile :)

Next it was to Target to let her pick out her gift. That took foooooooooorevvvvvvvvvver. It was a good idea in theory but 3 year olds tend to not be very decisive. Oh well - she picked out a princess cash register. We also snuck in some other prizes for her to open on Saturday during her party with family.

Next stop - the splash pad. Turns out, she is NOT AT ALL into the splash pad. She wasn't very much last year but I thought it was an age thing. Nope, she's one year older and still not into it which is weird because she loves the pool. Go figure! But, they had a playground next to it so she played on it for a while.





After the splash pad, she konked out in the car. She had a busy 4th of July weekend and was tired from all the action. So, we let her take a good nap, then stopped by her school for cupcakes with her school friends.

It was a fabulous day spent with Elaina. Unfortunately, I had to get on a plane to go to Aiken for work. That was hard to do but I did not have to leave until 7pm so I was able to be with her. I am lucky that work let me fly so I was able to take a later flight rather then spend the day driving. Happy Birthday Elaina Claire!!! We love you!

No comments: