Easter Saturday

This year we celebrated Easter with our families on the Saturday before Easter. It turned out that Saturday worked best for both sides of the family. It was a busy day but we enjoyed it very much. We started by going to the park at Norris with Erik's family in the morning. It was SO windy that we had to hurry though lunch and leave to go finish out the celebration at his mom's house. I didn't take any pics at the park because we were not there long. When I say it was windy, I mean it was windy!! The lids to the metal trash cans were flying off and everything. We could not eat lunch very comfortably as we were afraid it would fly away - and some people's lunch did. There was a lot of chasing plates/eggs/napkins/everything going on. It was really unbelievable how windy it was. Anyway, I took lots of pics this day so hang on and bear with me for these....and enjoy :)

Blowing bubbles...

Elaina's second cousins - Liana and Kelsey

Elaina and Liana - say that 3 times over and over

Elaina with her Papaw (and her cake). She loves him.... I think the feeling is mutal :)

Just a cute shot of her walking away - what is it about pics like this that I love so much??

Elaina with her daddy - notice she still holding that cake. I'm not sure she even ate it, just carried it aroundMe and Elaina on the swingFor whatever reason this pic cracks me up... she looks so sad Coloring cookies - yes, I said cookies. I found these cookies that you color with edible ink. They tasted terrible but the kids loved coloring them
Kelsey coloring a cookie
Liana showing off her cookie

Next stop was to my mom's house... we had dinner, colored eggs and did an Easter egg hunt there.... fun times.

Quentin coloring Easter eggs

My cousin, Emily, brought her little girl, Eliza Grace.... Here she is coloring eggsCousin Celia coloring eggs Cousin Sadie coloring her eggsElaina coloring her eggs. She wanted to hold half of it in like the big kids were doing....

A finished egg....
And now on to the Easter egg hunt... loads of fun for the kids



Elaina counting her eggs with her Aunt Nell

All the kids after the hunt - from left: Eliza Grace, Alexandra, Elaina, Quentin, Celia, Sadie

kind of a blurry pic because of the light but this is Alexandra and Nell

Me and my sister, Abby (same blurry issue)

No comments: