Okay, so here's what's been going on...

I've not been good at updating our blog lately so I've got a lot of updating to do. With Easter being today, I can't possibly put all the Easter/family pics in one post so I will do a series of post over the next few days.

To start, let's talk about Erik and I going away for the weekend about 3 weekends ago. It was fabulous. We only went to Gatlinburg to a cabin so not very far but we needed a get away with each other badly. We went with two other couples from church but it was our first full weekend away from Elaina. And, I surprised myself with how well I did. I missed her but not like crazy bad like I thought I would. She stayed with my sister one night and my mom the second night. Needless to say, she had a ball and was spoiled emmensly. In fact, my mom rocked her to sleep when she stayed with her so I had to "re-calibrate" Elaina over 3 nights to know that mommy doesn't always rock her to sleep. So, here are some pics from the weekend - I think this is the first blog post where Elaina does not have a pic posted. First time for everything....

This is pretty much where we sat all weekend...

The happy couple....

We were all in charge of one meal - we were over breakfast. So, breakfast a la Stringfellow. Cinnimon rolls, eggs, and bacon. Breakfast of champions.

Dave and Tonja cooking dinner in the kitchen - a lot of eating went on during this weekend

This is the second most sat in spot - around the table playing cards - Uno to be exact. We played the longest game of uno known to man. I thought it would never end.

So, as always, the Gatlinburg cabins are decorated a bit oddly at times. The theme of this cabin was bears. This paticular decor looked very odd - it looks like these bears hung themselves.

Dave and Tonja... Dave took most of the pics so this is one of the few pics with him in it


Carl and Sabrina playing Taboo - laughing. In addition to eating, a lot of laughing happened over this weekend.

The gang..... (from left - Carl and Sabrina, Dave and Tonja, Erik and me)

No comments: